This is the time of year that I usually reflect and feel good about what is going on in life. This year, I have decided to focus less on the tangible aspects of life and more on the gifts that we receive from the important people in our lives. The following is a list (albeit non-comprehensive) of the gifts we receive from the people in our lives. Our family is so grateful for the people who surround us.
As for the list, I apologize in advance for any cliches or cheesiness.
Thankful List
1. Eli’s smile and belly laugh. I am also thankful for his difference because it has changed the way I see the world…for the better.
2. Darin’s inappropriate sense of humor. At times it’s good to remember what it’s like to be in seventh grade.
3. Natalie and Logan’s sense of fun and their imaginations. They make you remember what it’s like to be young.
4. My brother’s peaceful nature and sensitivity to animals and children.
5. My sister’s uncanny ability to light everyone around her with the youthful energy she carries.
6. Chris and Becky’s parenting advice and the knowledge that there is a light at the end of the tunnel of parenting.
7. In-laws that I not only like, but love. And I am not just writing that because they will read this.
8. My dad’s survival of a heart attack and prostate cancer. And his appreciation for a second (and third) chance at life.
9. My mom’s love of God and her spirituality.
What a great list, it is so humbling to sit and reflect on what we are truly grateful for isn't it?
ReplyDeleteWe are grateful for you guys in our lives. You both brighten our day everytime we see you.
Happy Thanksgiving & safe travels.